The Wetzel County Hospital Volunteer Program is one of the oldest, most rewarding and well-known volunteer organizations in Wetzel County.
An opportunity to serve
Energetic volunteers of all ages and skills are needed. Volunteers are generally asked to give a minimum of four hours a week for at least six months. There are many different volunteer roles to fit individual time schedules, abilities and interests. Volunteers may work directly with patients or choose work behind the scenes.
Volunteer programs geared to the academic year and summer make it possible for students to serve the New Martinsville community by volunteering at the hospital. Students age 14 and above will earn valuable work experience and impact the lives of others through volunteer work at Wetzel County Hospital. The Summer Volunteen Program requires a commitment of 4 hours weekly. This program is very popular and offers placements in a variety of departments. Space is limited, so interested students are encouraged to apply early. Applications should be submitted by May. To receive an application please call Volunteer Services at (304) 455-8000 complete and submit the form below.
- Completed Application
- Scheduling an interview
- Criminal background check for those 18 and older
- Current TB test (within the last year)
- Attendance at a general orientation session and departmental training
Volunteers are needed in all areas, including the following guest relations services:
- Ambassadors: Greet, escort, or transport by wheelchair patients and visitors throughout the hospital.
- Family Liaison Services: Provide information and support to families in the surgery and intensive care waiting areas.
- Information Desks: Welcome visitors, assist with directions, and provide information about the hospital.
- Patient Support: Menu collection and meal tray delivery.
For more information about Volunteer Services and opportunities to volunteer at Wetzel County Hospital, call (304) 455-8000.